Wednesday, March 12, 2008

A New Beginning (#1)

Hello! My name is Stephen. I'm not a particularly well known individual, so I doubt you've heard of me.

Recently I made one of those life-changing decisions. Nothing too big, like buying a house or starting a business. I turned twenty-one last year, and a few weeks ago it occurred to me that I've barely seen anything. Y'know, nothing beyond the East Coast. Florida a few times. That was nice. Warm. But I've never left the country, and rarely do I see anything outside of TV or the internet. So I decided to fix that.

I'm going to see the world! I've only got a few thousand dollars to my name, and a very vague plan of attack, but I have a feeling this will be the greatest experience of my life. I know, it's probably overblown in my mind, but the excitement is just so galvanizing. The U.S. (outside of New York), Europe, Asia... anyplace I can make it to on my meager savings. I can't wait to learn about the world! Exclamation point! And this is where I'll chronicle my little adventure. Even if nobody ever sees it, I can always print it out and look at it as a reminder of the good times when it finally has to end.

------------------------------

Something else to add already! On the bus ride to the airport, I met an interesting pair of people. I told them what I was doing and about my blog, which I likely mentioned in an extremely excited manner considering they actually seemed interested. In my eagerness to share my experiences I even invited them to join me in my blogging.

One of them probably won't ever post, considering he didn't even know what a blog was. But we'll probably get a visit from the other guy. I'm not sure where he was going, since he couldn't remember the name of the place. However, he did mention that he was on a trip to go pick up his grandpa's pen, or something like that. Must be some pen!

Anyway, for those of you who do know me, don't freak out when these strangers post. Later!

No comments: