Wednesday, March 12, 2008

My Grandfather's Fountain Pen - #1

So I was riding the bus today when I met a couple interesting guys, one of whom invited me and the other one to post on his new blog about adventuring. I'm not sure if looking for your grandfather's fountain pen counts as an adventure, but I thought it could be fun so I agreed. I don't remember his name though... Stan? Started with an s. The other guy had a weird last name. You ever read Sluggy Freelance? It was kinda like that. His first name was Scott, I think. I remember because of the cleaning products, although it was obvious from the smell he doesn't use them. My name's Matt, by the way. I forgot to mention that.

I don't remember where they were going. I was headed to this place that sells used items. I was looking for my grandfather's fountain pen. I don't know why it would be there, I just know it hasn't been anywhere else I've looked, so I might as well try. It's a really nice pen. He (my grandfather) gave it to me when I was 12, and I've always really liked it. It has a nice, intricate carving in the handle, and I almost never wrote with it because it was so cool. He (my grandfather) had it for a long time before he gave it to me, and I'm so ashamed of misplacing it that I haven't even told him yet, even though he's not doing too well. I really hope I can find it before anything happens. He hasn't asked about it or anything, and I'm not even sure what I'll do if I find it since I don't write by hand that much, I just want to get it back.

Man, I love that pen.

I'll continue to post about my quest to find my grandfather's fountain pen until I find it, and maybe even after if I find I really like to.

2 comments:

Scott said...

I think I found pen in a march down in Florida. I'm not sure, the meme meor memory is a bit murky.


Sory Sorry. That was a bit lame.

Anwy Anyway, I think it was actually felt-tipped so it probably wasn't your grandpappy's.,

I'll let you know if my foot is again burshed by the ink of such an item.

Scott said...

That's weird, my mistakes are stu still showing after I submit these comments. I thought I fixed them.